SUMMARY OF SKILLS
Highly accomplished professional with proven success in working with diverse groups of individuals across multiple offices and project sites. Has the ability to handle several priorities at once to maximize productivity. Background includes experience in Global Sourcing, Project Coordination, and Account Management. Possesses strong customer service and communication skills, work ethics, adaptability, drive and result-oriented attitude.
EXPERIENCE 07/2008 - PRESENT Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas, Power Generation 04/2015 – Present
Specialist, Global Sourcing – International & Domestic Procurements
• Awarded the Exemplary Achievement Award – First Quarter 2016.
• Received the top department review for 2015.
• One of two people within the company to attend International Procurement Training in Nagasaki, Japan.
• Achieved 10% cost reduction on major equipment components.
• Lead buyer for International Procurement commodities.
• Supports procurement and sourcing activities for Domestic commodities.
• Understand, establish, and issue Request for Quote (RFQ) for procurements.
• Negotiates price, terms, payments, and delivery with suppliers.
• Creates purchase orders from SAP system ensuring timely placement and delivery of components.
• Responsible for training new buyers.
• Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
• Routes all international orders through the export classification process.
• Supports Transportation and Logistics with contracts and negotiations.
• Expedites open purchase orders to meet project site requirements.
• Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
• Provides support to upper management in effort to meet corporate goals, objectives, and projects.
• Coordinates the supplier qualification process with related departments.
• Establishes Master Service Agreements with suppliers.
• Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
• Serves as a liaison between several different office locations, MHPS, and project sites.
• Successfully manages a high-volume, fast paced workload.
07/2008 – 04/2015 Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas, Power Generation Project & Construction Coordinator
• Developed and implemented new processes and procedures to improve cost efficiency, timeliness and work-flow coordination. • Contributed to the creation of the Site Action Request (SAR) process – used to reduce future project costs. • Designed and maintains the Construction Department’s SharePoint site. • Implement and facilitate daily plans to ensure the department achieves planned productivity. • Create and manage Access databases to store needed department and employee information. • Closely work with a team of over 30 individuals that establish and update each project site. • Serves as a liaison between several different offices, management, and project sites. • Holds weekly conference call meetings with internal and project site Technical Field Advisors (TFAs) to resolve site issues and report updates. • Distributes daily and weekly reports from project sites and upper management. • Traveled to project sites for monthly customer meetings. • Creates and routes Project Purchase Requisitions in SAP. • Verifies that supplier purchase orders are properly funded and stay within required budget. • Attends weekly meetings with site TFAs and Project Engineers to update open SARs. • Communicates effectively with all levels of employees. • Works closely with vendors and contractors to maintain strong relationships. • Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals. • Trained Construction department and site TFAs on the capabilities of the SharePoint site. • Reviews and processes all TFA invoices. • Protects confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
10/2006 – 07/2008 A.G. Edwards/Wachovia Securities, Investment Banking Wire Operator/Cashier
• Seamlessly executed daily wires in excess of over $1 million dollars for clients. • Superior numerical and clerical skills. • Attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment. • Obtained and moved money at the request of customers for multiple branches. • Maintained records of transfer procedures and ensures accurate processing. • Responsible for withdrawals and deposits into client’s accounts. • Received and processed in coming securities. • Entered orders for Financial Consultants. • Accountable for reconciling trades and making trade corrections.
Graduation Date: 12/2007 University of Central Florida
Bachelor’s Degree: Interdisciplinary Studies: Commerce, Mass Communications, and Public Affairs
Graduation Date: 05/2005 Seminole community College General A.A. Degree
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS • Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Including Microsoft Access 2003, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. • Visio • Glovia • SAP • Insight • Lotus Notes • SharePoint • Hazmat Shipping Certification – January 2015 References available upon request